Shrimp and Tomato Scampi, hCG Friendly
I love garlic and shrimp! This is a delicious combination. Recipe below is for hCG. But this can be easily adjusted for maintenance or a regular meal.
- 3.5 oz Shrimp de-veined and shelled
- 8 oz tomato or the exact weight you need
- garlic powder to taste
- garlic salt to tast
- 2 tsp lemon juice more or less
- 1⁄3 tsp fresh horseradish root more or less for taste
- 2 Tbl Chicken Broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- Smoked Paprika to taste
- Remember all your spices, broth and horseradish for hCG need to be check for sugar. I make my own broth and my own horseradish root. You can make this without the horseradish.
- Put your shrimp in a cooking pan in a single layer. Sprinkle on your lemon juice, a little horseradish root and juice and add your chicken broth to the pan. Sprinkle garlic powder over the top of the shrimp, as much as you think you will like. Let this cook while you chop your tomatoes. Then add the tomatoes to the shrimp and sprinkle with garlic salt, smoked paprika, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and let cook and blend flavors for just a couple of minutes. Shrimp is done when it turns orange.
- Notes: The way I made it covered with the tomatoes I used made it soupy like in the picture. You can leave out the chicken broth or use less and cook uncovered for less soupy. You can also use Roma tomatoes which have less juice. And you can cook the shrimp, then add the tomatoes and leave them raw.
Leave A Comment